Thursday, June 6, 2013

---------usmc---------

Surprise Military Homecomings Part 2 - By Leathernecklove



Surprise Military Homecomings Part 2 - By Leathernecklove

"It's painful but it's a reminder, and...



"It's painful but it's a reminder, and sometimes people need to be reminded, because the greatest casualty is being forgotten."

When Marines get bored enough on deployment things can get...



When Marines get bored enough on deployment things can get interesting. 

Justin Beiber, stripping and bare asses included.

But this is why we love them.

Marines apply a tourniquet and pressure dressing to Woodstock,...



Marines apply a tourniquet and pressure dressing to Woodstock, Ga., native, Lance Cpl. Jeffrey Cole (center) after he was shot twice in the left arm. This photo was taken during a firefight in Marjah Afghanistan after a patrol came under fire from enemy insurgents. Six of the 10 service members on the patrol were wounded, yet Cole continued to provide suppressing fire toward enemy positions to ensure the safety of his fellow Marines.

"I took a machine gun from my buddy who was shot and gave him my rifle. I put the machine gun in my shoulder and started firing. Then I got up on the road and shot from my hip in a sweeping motion from left to right. I shot 150 rounds off, and as I did, I was shot three more times. A round hit my plates again and two rounds went through my arm."

"This time it felt like a sunburn," Cole said as he remembered the feeling of the rounds penetrating his arm. "My bone vibrated and severed my nerve and blew out the inside of my upper arm, I couldn't feel anything. It spun me around and threw me into the ditch."

Despite his grievous wounds, Cole continued to provide accurate suppressive fire on the enemy making sure the Marines on patrol remained covered and safe.

Cole was awarded the Silver Star, the Nation's third highest award for valor July 10 for his actions that day. He adamantly admits that he is not a hero and that when he decided to stand up on that road, he was just doing his job.

"I don't think I deserve it," Cole mentioned. "Nothing I did comes close to the Marines I was with. Pinned down in a ditch, wounded, they fought for an hour against an enemy that got within 30 meters. Not once did they waiver. This award isn't my award. It's their award and all the guys who we lost who can't wear it now, I'll wear it for them since they can't."

Marjah, Afghanistan: US marines shave at a forward camp in the...



Marjah, Afghanistan: US marines shave at a forward camp in the morning.

Photo



Photo



Someone is happy to see daddy.



Someone is happy to see daddy.

your blog is amazing.

Thank you so much! 

Where the Art World Meets the Military World

Where the Art World Meets the Military World

Happy Birthday Marines!



Happy Birthday Marines!

For reference, this is the video I made the gif set from. If the...



For reference, this is the video I made the gif set from.

If the gifs made you tear up the video will for sure make you cry!

Meyers and Bailey Leonard surprise homecoming.

Marine surprises best friend and little brother at basketball...









Marine surprises best friend and little brother at basketball practice.

Ashes Over Yuma "This was a memorial ash release dive, by...



Ashes Over Yuma

"This was a memorial ash release dive, by Marines, for a Marine, at the request of a Marine wife."

Marine Corps Military Free Fall Instructors assigned to Marine Detachment — Fort Bragg, release the ashes of Sgt. Brett Jaffe (1971-2012), a Marine rigger, above Phillips Drop Zone at Yuma Proving Grounds, Ariz., on July 26, 2012. "It was an honor and privilege to take this Marine on his last jump and give him a proper hail and farewell," said Staff Sgt. Marty Rhett.

I Apologize For The Absence.

I will be back publishing new content in no time.

FORWARD OPERATING BASE GERONIMO, Helmand province, Islamic...



FORWARD OPERATING BASE GERONIMO, Helmand province, Islamic Republic of Afghanistan — Cpl. Michael Lyons, the 3rd Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment, air noncommissioned officer, monitors the inbound descent of an AH-1W SuperCobra onto the Forward Operating Base Geronimo landing zone in Afghanistan.

A local Afghan boy tries on the Kevlar helmet of a U.S. Marine...



A local Afghan boy tries on the Kevlar helmet of a U.S. Marine assigned to 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment (3/25), during a village medical outreach conducted by the 3/25 Marines, members of the Danish Operational Mentor and Liaison Team, British Royal Air Force and the Afghan National Army in Boldak, Afghanistan. Afghans received care for minor injuries and illnesses; they also received personal hygiene products such as toothbrushes and shampoo during the program. (U.S. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. Marionne T. Mangrum/Released)

Photo



Cpl. Herb Hartfield, a team leader with Redemption II, Weapons...



Cpl. Herb Hartfield, a team leader with Redemption II, Weapons Company, 2nd Battalion, 1st Marine Regiment, snuggles with Susie, one of Redemption II's bomb dogs, before heading out on a patrol of Belush, a village in Garmsir District, Helmand province, Afghanistan.

Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment